Pulling into our hotel room at Candlewood Suites, in Sioux Falls, SD, Sash and I felt relieved. We had just spent six days riding across the west from Murphys, CA, covering 2,000+ miles, and staying in cheap motel rooms.
Arriving in town, we had 7 days to rest, get back to work on our marketing business, and relax in more comfortable digs.
Candlewood Suites has become our new home when we need a week or more to stay. They're in all the big cities, and it's always what we look for because the prices are low, but still just as nice as a Hilton or Marriott, you get a full size kitchen, desk space for two, good Wi-Fi, a gym, and free laundry facilities.
- Sash paid a visit to Ride Empowered, a shop for women's motorcycle gear run by Doris Schumacher. Doris recently opened the shop last March, and balances her life between husband, kids, and her business.
- We had several boxes of mail, packages, and work stuff waiting for us at our hotel that we had to get caught up on.
- Sash and I visited Lisa & Randy Brouwer. Lisa runs "Full Throttle Living", a consulting business for corporations, and teaches an MSF course in the evenings.
- Sash has been on the phone coordinating with other businesses and media people for our time in Sturgis.
- I've been working on websites and writing blog content
- We were told the Fried Egg Burger at JL Beers was the best, but I swear the one at Taphouse 41 was better. JL Beers has the edge on craft beer selection, however.
Today, we're leaving for Mitchell, SD...
|It rained the moment we|
arrived in Sioux Falls
|Candlewood Suites has become|
our favorite long term stay hotel.
|Getting my beer on at|
|The fried egg, chorizo burger|
at Taphouse 41 is awesome
|Sash riding through Sioux Falls||Arriving at Ride Empowered a|
women's biker gear shop
|Sash likes to use the hotel room|
bed as her office.
|The Thirsty Duck offers|
two-for-one happy hours
|Picking up a slice of chocolate|
cake for Sash
|Sash's bike at Caribou Coffee||Caribou Coffee offers great|
drink, food, and fast Wi-Fi
|Old Chicago is a chain, but|
has good beer selection
|Sash likes to cook in the hotel|
|18th Amendment is a popular|
place for happy hour
|Doris Schumacher is the owner|
of Ride Empowered
|Sash with Lisa Brouwer of|
Full Throttle Living
|Many businesses are named|
"Empire" after the Sioux Empire
|There's designated motorcycle|
parking in downtown